Visual FoxPro - This is surely one of my MOST favorite tool when it comes to doing database utilities or just database programming. It is also one of the underrated development tools from MS. There are lots who beg to differ but I guess VFP has its own fanfare like me. Anyway, here are some of the utilities that I developed 4-5 years back & am still using to a great extent. I have to restore more programs from my old backups. So check this page again if you are interested!
Click here to download the VFP programs.
1) This program can be used to split a large file into several smaller ones. Demonstrates how to use NT CMD script commands from VFP.
2) This is yet another version for generating constraints.
3) This is another version of the popsheet program.
4) This is another version of the spsqlgenind program.
5) This program can be used to generate the triggers scripts for a database.
6) This program can be used to generate the contraints alone for a database as an ALTER TABLE sequence.
7) This program can be used to generate index scripts alone.
8) This program can be used to populate an Excel workbook from VFP. Demonstrates how to use both DDE & OLE automation from VFP.
9) This program can be used to generate the schema of a database with or without any constraints. The without constraints option can be used to generate scripts for say audit database where you want just the table structures.
10) This is another version of the schemagen program.
11) This is the header file used by the VFP programs.
12) This program can be used to generate the SPs scripts for a database.
13) This program can be used to comment the WITH ENCRYPTION keywords in a T-SQL script file.